The first regular season game for the Steelers is just 16 days away. Yes, I am counting the days! Are you ready to test your knowledge of all things black and gold?
2. Which Super Bowl did the Steelers not win and who was their opponent?
3. What’s the highest number of Steelers who have received Pro Bowl honors in the same year? What’s the lowest number? This question comes from Matt Fulks’ book The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.
4. The AFC has four divisions and the Steelers are in the AFC North. Prior to 2002, there were only 3 divisions–East–West and Central. What teams were in the Central Division in 2001? Bonus question: Which four teams were the original members of the Central Division?
5. In what year did the hated by all Pittsburghers Baltimore Ravens play their first season?
6. Few rivalries are as fierce as the one the Steelers had with the Houston Oilers during the 1970′s. What AFC team used to be the Houston Oilers?
7. In 1992, what team did the Steelers beat in Bill Cowher’s first game as the head coach?
8. In 2007, what team did the Steelers beat in Mike Tomlin’s first game as the head coach?
10. In what year was the Steeler mascot Steely McBeam introduced?
Clues to the answers can be found by clicking on the links. I will post the answers in a few days.