You guys are always asking me for more information about events happening here at CLP Main- Teen. You’ve seen the flyers, posters, whiteboard messages, monthly printed calendars, Facebook invites, and event listings on the CLP website – all to advertise our exciting and FREE programs. You seem excited… but on the day of the program you inexplicably don’t show up. Why? Nine times out of ten, you tell me that you simply forgot. Never fear, forgetful teens, you will never have to miss one of our awesome programs again! How? By signing up for our new text messaging services using Celly! Here at CLP Main- Teen, we’re using Celly to create different “cells” to represent all of our diverse program and events offerings. Right now we have nine, but we’ll probably be adding more soon. Sign up via text message and you’ll instantly be added to the distribution list and receive alerts for any of the special cells listed below.
- Text @clpteensevents to 23599 and we’ll let you know about the latest parties, contests, and cool opportunities for teens.
- Text @clpteensartclub to 23599 for information about art related programming, our weekly Art Club and featured project.
- Text @clpteenswriting to 23599 to get updates about creative writing workshops including our monthly poetry workshops.
- Text @clpteensanimeclub to 23599 for all anime and Anime Club related updates.
- Text @clpteensmovies to 23599 for updates about our Bad Movie Fridays program and other special film events.
- Text @clpteensTAC to 23599 for information and reminders about CLP Main’s monthly Teen Advisory Council.
- Text @clpteensgaming to 23599 to be the first to learn about any new games and our weekly All Out Gaming program.
- Text @clpteensbookdiscuss to 23599 to find out about any teen book discussions and author visits happening at the library.
- Text @clpteensadvocacy to 23599 to learn how you can advocate for a better-funded and better library.
If privacy is a concern- which it really should be – you should know that your name and number will be kept private – even from us. Don’t have a cell phone? No problem! Sign up to receive email notifications by creating a Celly account using a Twitter or Facebook account, or email address. And if you ever decide that you don’t want to receive our text alerts anymore, just text stop to 23559. If you want to temporarily turn off messages to your phone, text off to 23559. Please keep in mind that standard text messaging rates apply. Contact us here at CLP Main- Teen or visit the Celly FAQ page for more information about how the services works.