Posted on April 23, 2009 by bibliokaren
There’s still time to register for this Saturday’s Ralph Munn Creative Writing Workshop, led by Sandra Gould Ford! Ms. Ford will teach you techniques for writing poetry and narrative nonfiction and help you get your entry ready for the Ralph Munn Creative Writing Contest.
What’s the Ralph Munn Creative Writing Contest, you ask? The contests rules are below, and there’s more information on the website. Don’t forget to submit your entry by May 15th!
- Contest Categories: Short Fiction, Narrative Nonfiction, Poetry
- **Please note: Narrative Nonfiction is defined as using literary styles and techniques to relay facts and information. Informational essays such as those submitted for most school projects may not be appropriate for this contest.
- Prizes awarded in each category:
- First Prize: $250
- Second Prize: $100
- Selected entries of quality will be published in a chapbook to be distributed to libraries, schools and published teens.
- Workshop attendance is not required to enter contest
- Contest open to all 9th – 12th graders (public, private, home-schooled) in Allegheny County
- All submissions must be the original work of the teen entering
- Teen can enter up to three pieces in the contest
- Each entry must include a contact sheet / cover page listing:
- Phone Number
- Contest category (poetry, fiction or nonfiction)
- All entries must be typed. Fiction and nonfiction entries must be double-spaced.
- Poetry entries must be two pages or less.
- Short Fiction and Creative Nonfiction entries must mot exceed 5,000 words.
- Illustrated entries (comics, etc.) will be accepted but must be submitted as a *.pdf file.
- Please submit entries via email to email@example.com. All entries must be submitted electronically. Include “Ralph Munn Entry” in subject line.
- All entries must be received by May 15, 2009!!
|Questions? Need more information? Call 412-578-2599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Filed under: Quick Flix | Leave a comment »