Because the temperatures are getting cooler, the same old salads just won’t do. I’m craving something a little more substantial or at least something a little warmer. Here’s what I’m enjoying. One recipe isn’t a salad recipe but a Hummus Salad Dressing. If you love hummus like I do, try this salad dressing. I know, they sell it in stores, but homemade is so much better.
Here’s what I’ve come across that I love:
- Roasted Pear and Grape Salad: I enjoy fruit in my salad, and roasting the pear brings out a nice flavor and warms up the salad. Use any fruit you have on hand. Cranberries are great in this also.
- Harvest Salad for One: This salad has roasted butternut squash in it. I love squash so I’ve made it with acorn squash, and kabocha squash. Both tasted wonderful. You could even try pumpkin. I just haven’t gotten around to trying it in this salad yet.
- Fall Salad with Cranberrry Vinaigrette: Yum. This salad uses pears and cranberries, but you can even use apples and pommegranate. The vinaigrette recipe with this one is great.
- Roasted Pumpkin Salad: This is really a roasted vegetable salad. You can use any roasted vegetable here. My recommendation is to choose one sweet vegetable to roast, if you don’t have pumpkin then use sweet potatoes or carrots. The dressing recipe is creamy without using dairy products. It is not vegan because it used honey. You could substitute agave nectar for the honey if you wanted.
- Hummus Salad Dressing: Yum! I go crazy over this dressing recipe!
Give one of these a try, I’m sure you’ll like it.
~Kim – CLP Squirrel Hill