Pittsburgh is the second largest city in Pennsylvania, and was founded in 1758.
- There are 89 neighborhoods in Pittsburgh. Test your knowledge of Pittsburgh neighborhoods with Click That ‘hood.
- 305,704 people live in Pittsburgh.
- There are 446 bridges in Pittsburgh!
- Pittsburgh can claim the first commercial radio station–KDKA and the first public television station–WQED.
- The Pittsburgh Pirates played in the very first World Series in 1903 (Pirates lost) and the very first World Series night game in 1971 (Pirates won).
- Robert Garland, a city councilman, devised the nation’s first Daylight Savings Plan in 1918. For more Pittsburgh Firsts: click here.